Conditioner, which is applied after shampooing to moisturize and straighten hair, may be harmful if you are allergic to it. Sodium laureth sulfate and Sodium lauryl sulfate, among other substances, may cause cancer, irritate skin, or cause other health problems. Benzophenone, Cetrimonium chloride, Ceteareth-12 or 20, Diazolidinyl urea, DMDM hydantoin, and isopropanol, among other substances, may be found in hair conditioners.
All of these substances may irritate the skin, cause cancer, and have damaging consequences to the liver and kidneys. Phytoconstituents, such as Glycolipids (natural surfactants), Apigenin, Eugenol, Gallic acids, and others, may counteract DHT to prevent hair loss.
So, the best alternative to a chemical-based conditioner is using a 100% Natural hair conditioner certified by ECOCERT(France) per COSMOS Natural (European Standard) i.e., HERBCIENCE Replenishing Pro-V Keratin Hair Conditioner.
Conditioner is applied to wet hair after shampooing to improve its condition. It is rinsed out after being applied to wet hair in the same manner as shampoo. It reduces hair friction by allowing for smoother brushing.
It reduces dandruff, promotes hair growth, and prevents hair loss in addition to other benefits. These are available in many forms, such as viscous liquids, gels, and creams, in addition to thinner lotions and sprays. To learn how they operate, the very first question that comes to mind is how do they function?
Our hair is composed of a protein called Keratin which has a high percentage of amino acids having negative charges. Hair conditioners have surfactants also known as detergents are positively charged cleansers that help in removing dirt, removes natural oil and positive charges from your hair.
These positively charged surfactants in conditioners are attracted to negative charges in your hair, so they do not rinse out completely in water. When your hair gets dried, it is coated with a thin film, which adds weight, prevents freezing, and makes it easier to comb1. But the harsh chemicals damage the natural keratin.
So, make sure that the conditioner you select shouldn’t contain chemicals, instead select the natural one having multiple benefits. Hence it is important to know the ingredients that go into the product.
Toxic Chemicals and their side-effects in commercially available Hair Conditioners:
Many people do not know what they are putting on their hair or what they might be allergic to. Many popular brands use ingredients that can cause various side effects.
For example, damaged or weakened strands can be repaired with protein or protein substitutes, but they may also lead to contact dermatitis. This article provides information about the harmful chemicals found in conditioners and how to avoid them to maintain your hair healthy. You can avoid these chemicals by avoiding conditioners.
- Sulfates: These surfactants, such as SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate), SLES (sodium laureth sulfate), and ammonium lauryl sulfate, are used to clean the dirt and sebum from the scalp. Their purpose is to provide lathering. These surfactants are all harmful. They can cause allergic reactions and damaged hair. They can also be hormone disruptors if used for a long time.
- Parabens: To increase the shelf life, manufacturers add preservatives called parabens. They prevent bacterial growth. Parabens (Butyl, propyl, and ethyl parabens) are known to mimic the function of hormone estrogen and can increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Phthalates: are used to increase the spreading ability of a product. They make the perfume stick to your scalp and hair. They are endocrine disruptors.
- Formaldehyde: Considering a fancy Brazilian blowout or a Keratin treatment. These treatments may contain an ingredient called formaldehyde or formaldehyde releasers that are carcinogenic. Bronopol, Imidazolidinyl urea, DMDM hydantoin, quaternium-15 and diazolidinyl urea are all formaldehyde releasers.
- Dimethicone: Conditioners may include silicone, which builds up on the scalp and coats the hair shaft, creating a protective barrier. This barrier prevents moisture from entering the hair, although it can clog pores and cause skin irritation if the barrier builds up over time.
Safe Natural alternative ingredients for Conditioners:
- Sulfate free agents:
- Coco Glucoside
- Lauryl Glucoside
- Glyceryl Monostearate
- Natural ingredients to look for
- Cocoa butter
- Rosewood oil
- Indian Gooseberry
So, when it comes to hair care, choosing the right products can be difficult. One of the most important questions to ask yourself when making a purchase is whether there are any chemicals in the product. Although many companies claim that their products are all natural, this may not always be true. But the natural ingredients present in the conditioners will be mild and do not damage the hair.
How these medicinal plants help in Hair growth?
- Phyto-constituents in the herbs like Saponins7 in Soapnut, Aloe vera etc. has an antibacterial compound, which ensures that follicles stay clean and unclogged, so that hair has an optimal environment to grow. It cleanses the scalp and hair of impurities by preventing sebum production and by slowing or stopping the production of 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX), which is responsible for triggering inflammation and itch.
- The Vitamins like Vitamin A, B, C, E, and the minerals like Zinc Copper etc. present in herbs like Amalaki8, Aloe vera9etc., are proven to provide overall nourishment to hairs.
So, which is the best Natural Hair Conditioner to promote hair growth, prevent hair fall and to control dandruff?
HERBCIENCE -Replenishing Pro- V Keratin Hair Conditioner
Herbcience is the manufacturer of 100% Safe and 100% Natural products, with a clear scientific approach. Their products mainly act at the level of Phyto-constituents because they do the herbal extraction in the form of decoction increasing its efficacy.
These Phyto-constituents revitalize the growth of hair, acting as DHT blocker which prevents hair fall. It has herbal humectants which provides sufficient hydration and the mucilage contents enhance the hair volume. It provides necessary proteins required to produce keratin in the body.
Hair nutrients (Vit C, Vit E, Biotin, Vit A, Amino acids, Omega fatty acids, Minerals, Glycosides etc.) present in the herbs help keratinocytes to produce keratin protein which is necessary for Hair growth.
Phyto-components like Apigenin, Eugenol, Gallic acid, Rosemary present in the herbs act as a DHT blockers to prevent hair loss. Strong anti- fungal properties present in Phyto-components like Lawsone, Zinc compound kills the dandruff causing fungi called Malassezia, eliminating the dandruff.
For the ingredients list and the detailed description, please refer to www.herbcience.com
By this we can infer that the product is working on your hair with all the Phyto-constituents, Micronutrients. This Replenishing Pro- Vit Keratin Hair Conditioner protects the scalp from infections, prevents hair fall and promotes hair growth. They have come up with animations which explains the root cause for hair related problems with a scientific solution linked to herbs. Do check out the video here.
Natural hair conditioners are relatively new to the beauty market. They’re quickly becoming one of the most popular items because of the benefits they offer. These conditioners will hydrate and moisturize your scalp, keep your hair color vibrant.
On the Contrary, the conditioners available in the market have Sulfates, Parabens, Formaldehydes causing cancer, Hormone disruption and Reproductive disorders; also, being hazardous to the environment. Hence why to opt toxins? Go for Naturals.
Hence, Herbcience has come up with Natural solutions with their Personal care products which are 100% Natural and 100% Safe, certified by ECOCERT per Cosmos-Natural and compliant with Made Safe (USA). Why wait? Just go and pick your choice for products from Herbcience. For more details visit their website www.herbcience.com