The skin, with hair as well as nails, forms the protective and outer covering of the entire body. In addition to that, skin prevents microorganisms and microbes from entering the body and causing any kind of harm to internal organs. Skin acts as an important structure in the form and function of all other body parts and plays an important role in maintaining health as well as the immune system. In this blog, we are going to understand more about the basics of skin and ways to maintain hygiene and enhance its health with some tips.
Understanding your skin
The skin helps in regulating and maintaining the body temperature via the process of perspiration through sweat glands. When the body becomes overheated due to alterations in outside temperature, sweat glands give away excess heat from the body through a process called perspiration, which in turn cools the body as it evaporates thereby maintaining the homeostasis. Skin is the body part that is responsible for the sense of touch which combines with the nervous system to alert the body about possible dangers by analyzing pressure, pain, heat, touch, and cold. Skin produces Vitamin D upon exposure to the sun's ultraviolet rays, which is a very essential vitamin for the healthy form and functioning of the skin. Vitamin D helps in the absorption of calcium from the intestines, which is much required for the normal formation of healthy teeth and bones.
Understanding the skin and its structure is a good way to learn about the skin’s functions. It is always better to understand the structure of the skin so that we can look after it better by choosing the products we use that are suitable for skin and health overall. Most of us do not stay indoors, with a kind of lifestyle of growing responsibilities and struggling to balance both professional and personal life, we all tend to stress out either physically or mentally. The early signs of stress usually appear on our skin and hair.4 Glowing skin is typically seen as a sign of health and vitality whereas a dull or dry look or appearance, on the other hand, can make you feel less than your best and not so healthy and shiny. Many factors impact the appearance and texture of your skin.
Genetics, aging, hormones, and underlying medical or systemic conditions such as diabetes are internal factors or other dermatological that alter the health of your skin. Some of these cannot be changed or altered like genetics, but there are other external factors that you can. Skin is the window to our body that reveals the stories of your health and well-being.
In our quest to have glowing skin we can forget about the role skin plays in our overall health. Ultimately skincare goes beyond how our skin looks, it is part of looking after ourselves. Our skin is more than just a surface; it is an amazing organ and it deserves to be looked after every day and taken good care of and maintained.
Skin cells shed daily and it is important to have a good daily routine, for skin health and as a moment of self-care. Good choices made early and wisely are key to the long-term health and wellness of the skin. As said prevention is better than cure, Preventing potential skin problems early by maintaining them is easier than trying to fix skin issues in the later future. Understanding what skin is, can help us understand how our products, lifestyle, and routines impact the skin.
What are the different ways to maintain good skin health??
Nutrition: Eating a well-balanced diet helps to maintain healthy skin. Consuming foods rich in protein, fruits, vegetables, and water ensures all-round skin and general health.
Circulation: Your skin needs good circulation of blood and air. There is a large number of blood vessels providing adequate circulation to internal organs as well as skin. Maintaining a good circulation system that is free of blockage is what our skin needs to stay healthy. The following suggestions can be followed for us to ensure a healthy blood supply:
- Smoking free – stay away from smoking. Nicotine in tobacco is known to narrow blood vessels that will prevent sufficient blood circulation and deprive your body of the right amount of oxygen needed to nourish your skin.
- Regular exercise – Try to observe regular exercise and get all parts of your body moving and well circulated.
- Regular health check – not identifying a potential danger to your body early enough may result in problems later on. When your body lacks oxygen and red blood cell, the skin suffers.
Observe simple skin hygiene
- Avoid the use of soaps that reduce skin acidity that protects your skin from infection. Such kinds of soaps are not advisable for your skin since they are antibacterial or antimicrobial.
- Keep your skin clean and dry. When you wash with soap and water, don't forget to rinse it thoroughly and apply moisturizer or sunscreen before stepping out.
- Use the right soap. Find out your skin type before you start using a kind of soap on regular basis. When in doubt always consult your dermatologist for better advice.
- keep your skin hydrated, moist, and protected from all kinds of dust, pollutants, etc. avoid using the products that may leave your skin too dry or scaly removing all the moisture content.
- Get yourself a good body moisturizer to keep your skin lubricated and moist. You should be careful when applying body creams over bony areas of your skin as this may cause skin damage.
- Take the time to remove dead skin. You can remove calluses from your feet and hands by frequently soaking in warm water and drying briskly with a towel.
Looking after your overall general health helps you maintain your skin healthy. Healthy skin helps resist any sign of aging and ward off likely disease. Therefore, the importance of skin health all year round cannot be overemphasized.
Hence, to enhance your skin and make it glow, and promote confidence in the way you present yourself, team herbcience has come up with several interesting products for you.
Natural Glow PRO-COLLAGEN FACE CREAM
- Skin Glow
- Skin Whitening
- Anti - Acne
- Skin Nourishment
Revitalizing PRO-COLLAGEN FACE WASH
- Deep Cleansing
- Skin Conditioning
Natural Glow PRO-COLLAGEN FACE PACK
- Skin Whitening
- Anti - Acne
- Skin Nourishment
Nourishing PRO-V BODY LOTION
- Enhances Skin Complexion
- Protects from UV rays
Skin from the outside gives the appearance of your overall health from the inside. Since it forms the outermost covering of the body, maintaining its health and protecting it from harmful bacteria, pollutants, dust, and allergens is a crucial role in itself. It performs multiple functions like a protective layer, shield, and homeostasis. Hence maintaining it in a healthy way is very much important.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why is it important to keep your skin clean?
Cleaning your face or skin is done to wash off the bacteria, pollutants, and allergens so that they do not enter the body maintaining the health of the patient. These harmful bacteria can lead to infection getting into the follicle and developing acne. Keeping the skin clean prevents the buildup of dirt and can, therefore, help to prevent spots.
2. What are the 3 tips to make your skin look healthy?
There are many tips that will give great results for the benefit of the skin.
- Eat healthily and stay fit
- Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized
- Protect your skin from sunlight
3. Why is it important to have healthy skin ??
Skin plays an important role in giving the first impression on any individual. Irrespective of color, gender, or race healthy skin makes us look more confident and shine out amongst peer colleagues.
4. What are the reasons for developing acne??
Acne is one of the most challenging dermatological issues faced by all kinds of individuals. There are plenty of reasons known for its causation. Few of them include unhygienic skin practice, hormonal issues, food habits, pubertal onset, underlying systemic conditions, etc
5. How to treat sunburn ??
Soothe your skin by applying moisturizer or aloe vera gel or calamine lotion, much preferred if they are refrigerated before application. Avoid dehydration or getting exposed to the sun for long hours. Take frequent cold showers to help relieve pain and consume lots of water or fluids.
6. What are the functions of skin??
Skin is known for multiple functions, a few of them are
- Protective layer
- Regulating temperature
- Retaining moisture
- First layer defense