Are you worried about the biological changes in the body as the years' pass? If yes, then this blog is for you to stop worrying and start taking control of your body to delay aging. Here we shall focus on what is aging? Why does it need to be worried about, what are the signs of aging, how to maintain youthful skin, home remedies to maintain youthful skin, what are the herbs suitable for hair and skin to delay aging, what are the safe alternatives, why consider Herbcience?
Anti-aging! This is what everyone needs. Aging is the most visible sign of changes in the skin. Wrinkles and sagging skin are evidence of aging. Apart from these changes in the skin, we can also find graying of hair as another obvious sign of aging. The changes in the skin are related to genetic makeup, nutrition, and environmental factors. The current lifestyle is one of the reasons for the early aging process.
What are the signs of skin aging?
As aging advances, the outer layer of the skin becomes thin. The epidermis is the outer layer of skin. The number of melanocytes also decreases. As the aging commences, your skin becomes thin and paler. Changes in the tissue reduce the skin’s strength and elasticity.
Signs of Aging that you might ignore-
Stretch marks- usually appear on the stomach, thighs, hips, butt, breasts, or upper arms.
Fine lines and wrinkles- are usually caused due to sun damage or genetics. Sun damage can cause your skin to become dryer and thinner over time which will eventually lead to fine lines and wrinkles. Genetics could also be a factor because some people are just more prone to wrinkles than others.
Fading Hair Color- As you age, hair starts to lose its natural pigmentation which will make your hair color fade over time. Losing pigment also makes your natural hair grow slower which means that your hair could start turning gray much quicker when you’re older.
Age spots and Age spots blemishes- Age spots are when brown spots start developing on the face due to excessive sun exposure in certain areas like the hands or feet where you don’t typically wear sunscreen or protective clothing against UV rays.
Many people think that aging is inevitable. But the truth is with simple regimes in your routine you can take care of your skin and delay the aging of the skin.
What are the tips to maintain youthful skin?
- Choose your skin products wisely. Make sure the ingredients used in your skin products are extracted from the plant base. So that you do not have to worry about the chemicals used in your skin product.
- Maintain a skin routine- The most straightforward routine will include -regular face wash, scrub, moisturizer, and de-tan.
- Watch what you eat-Include skin-friendly fruits, vegetables, and nuts in your diet regularly
- Include protein in your diet- Proteins are known for the repair of the skin tissues, mediation of skin physiological functions, and supply of energy.
- Make sure all the nutrients like vitamins, iron, copper, and selenium are as per required.
- Ensure adequate fluid intake in a day
- Ensure good physical activities and adequate sleep is achieved.
- Keep a check on your bodily vitals for any underlying health concerns.
What are the home remedies for aging skin?
- Skin drink: 1/2 cup milk, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 banana → blend it until smooth. The banana should be well blended. You can enjoy this smoothie on alternate days.
- Face Mask: Mix some oats and yogurt and apply to your face, leaving it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Hair Mask: Combine one avocado, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and the juice of one lemon in a bowl and mash until smooth. You can then apply this mixture to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing out with cool water.
- Body Scrub: 3-4 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and your favorite essential oils for fragrance. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a spoon and use a spatula to apply to damp skin in circular motions. It’ll leave you feeling soft and smooth!
- Foot Soak: a bucket, a pan filled with hot water, Epsom salts, and a towel. Put your feet in the bucket and cover them with a towel. Add in some Epsom salts for added relaxation. To make it even more relaxing, add some scented essential oils to the water such as lavender or peppermint.
What herbs are safe for anti-aging?
Herbs that are safe for anti-aging of skin:
Skin rejuvenating herbs like Chandana, Manjistha, Turmeric, Lodhra, Lemongrass, Usheera, Aloe vera, Shea Butter, and Olive oil are known for nourishing and rejuvenating the skin’s tone. These herbs are enriched with nutrients like Vitamin-A, Vitamin-C, Vitamin-E, Biotin, amino acids, omega-3 Fatty acids, and minerals that will enhance skin rejuvenation briskly.