Have you heard about Rakta Chandana, the supreme herb for the skin? Today in this blog, let us discuss a short description of Rakta Chandana, regional labels of Rakta Chandana, Rakta Chandana’s constituents, Rakta Chandana’s versatility as a household herb for skin and why Rakta Chandana with chemical-based skin products are to be avoided, a tie-up between skincare and Rakta Chandana, home remedies with Rakta Chandana and let us discuss on safer alternative and herbal product with Rakta Chandana for today’s lifestyle.
Pterocarpus santalinus, better known as Red sandal also referred to as Rakta Chandana, is the supreme herbal tree, mostly found in southeastern Ghat regions of India. Red sandalwood is a champion herb, in the world of skin rejuvenation. Also a saviour in the world of skin concerns.
Here are a few regional labels for Rakta Chandana
- Sanskrit- Rakta chandana
- English – Red sandalwood
- Hindi- lal Chandan
- Kannada- honne
- Tamil- sivappu chandanam
- Telugu- Agaru gandhamu
What are the constituents of Rakta Chandana?
- Bio-active compounds like- santalin A and B, savinin, calocedrin, pterostilbene, petrolinus K and L
- Also alkaloids, phenolic compounds, flavonoids, terpenoids, saponins, tannins, glycosides and carbohydrates,
Let us glance at Rakta Chandana’s versatility.
Rakta Chandana is a well-known household herb used for all skin concerns.
- Skin brightening, lightening, softening and skin glowing.
- Suitable for both oil and dry skin
- Known to reduce acne, hyperpigmentation and dullness of skin
- Known to reduce Sun tan and sunburns
- Household remedy for fire burns
- Savior in healing rashes and blemishes
- Also known for anti-ageing, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties along with cooling property
Why is Rakta-Chandana with chemical-based skin products to be avoided?
In today’s cosmetic world, most cosmetic products promise to deliver a similar feature to Rakta Chandana. Let us glance at a few chemicals which are used in those products in the form of skin brightening agents or preservatives, which might have adverse action your organ system.
|Product||Chemicals in the product||Labelled on the Product||Health hazards of usage|
|Face cream||Benzophenone1||Benzophenone||Cancer, reproductive impairment, endocrine impairment organ toxicity|
|Face Cream||Butylated Compounds2||BHA, BHT||Cancer, Reproductive impairment, endocrine system impairment, organ toxicity|
|Face Cream||Hydroquinone3||Hydroquinone||Cancer and respiratory tract irritation|
Therefore, the usage of herbs in cosmetic products is not the prime factor, but to make sure all the ingredients in your cosmetic product are herbal based, including the preservatives and cream base used. A safer alternative instead of these chemicals would be the usage of Rakta Chandana for the skin.
What is the relationship between skin rejuvenation and Rakta Chandana?
Let us discuss the salient relationship between Rakta Chandana and skin rejuvenation
In order to bring out that healthy skin with a natural glow, brightness, soft tone, acne-free, wrinkle-free, young-looking skin, not too dry or not too oily skin, and lustful skin, you need to emphasize natural Rakta Chandana in your skin products, which are entitled to skin rejuvenation, smoothening, improve complexion, protection from UV ray, maintains moisture in the body, heals acne, with anti-wrinkle property, excellent anti-ageing agent, reduces hyper-pigmentation.
Phyto- components like Curcuminoids, Anthraquinone, Kojic acid, and Purpurin inhibits the action of Tyrosine, in turn promoting skin brightening, providing skin hydration and fatty acids like lauric, omega 3 & Omega 6 provide moisturizer to the skin ensuring healthy glowing and wrinkle-free skin. Tannins, Terpenoids, Xanthones, and Quercetin provides Anti- Bacterial, Anti-Fungal, Anti- Microbial and Anti- Inflammatory properties
Let us now discuss how to utilize this supreme herb in our day-to-day routine.
Home remedies for skin using Rakta Chandana
- Make a semi-solid paste of Rakta Chandana and milk à apply on the face and neck à let it rest for 10- 15 min à remove the pack using a cotton swab and lukewarm water and remove excess water with a dry towel.
- Make a semi-solid paste of Rakta Chandana and rose water à apply on the face and neck à let it rest for 15- 20 min à remove the pack using a cotton swab and lukewarm water
- Make a semi-solid paste of Rakta Chandana and almond oil a apply it to the face and neck à massage à let it rest for 15- 20 min à remove the pack using a cotton swab and lukewarm water
Make a semi-solid paste of Rakta Chandana and coconut oil. Apply on all dry spots a let it sit for 10- 15min à remove the pack using a cotton swab and lukewarm water and remove excess water with a dry towel. Do not wash your face for 5-6 hours.
make a semi-solid paste of Rakta Chandana and lemon juice à make a semi-solid paste of Rakta Chandana and milk à apply on the face and neck à let it rest for 10- 15 min à remove the pack using a cotton swab and lukewarm water and remove excess water with a dry towel.
Make a fine paste of Rakta Chandana with cucumber juice and curd in equal portions à apply on the face and neck and mildly massage à let it dry à remove the paste using a cotton swab and lukewarm water
Instead of trying various home remedies for various skin concerns, what if you are presented with one product that will take care of all your skin concerns! Also, that is a natural skin product with no added chemicals! That definitely will be a boon to the skin.
Safe alternative and herbal product
Totally herbal-based nourishing cream:
Herbcience Natural Glow Pro-collagen Face cream
Benefits of Herbcience Rejuvenating Head massage oil
- Skin glow
- Skin whitening
- Skin nourishment
Why choose Herbcience?
Herbcience is a 100% transparent brand and all the products are developed by doctors, with the fresh extractions of herbs. They are 100% Natural certified by ECOCERT – COSMOS Natural, a European Standard, AYUSH, Govt. of India, and compliant with MADE SAFE, USA.
Therefore to conclude, if you wish to include the supreme herb, Rakta Chandana in your skin regime then you should definitely make sure not to include any kind of chemicals in that skin product in the form of skin whitening, and lightening agent, or the form of preservatives. Also consider using Herbcience skin products, which are chemical-free, in all forms.
Frequently asked questions
Regularly apply Herbcience Natural Glow Pro-collagen Face cream on acne and find positive results.
Include applying Herbcience Natural Glow Pro-collagen Face cream on your face in your routine to achieve naturally glowing skin, white and bright skin with acne free.
To maintain naturally glowing skin and bright skin without acne, make sure you bag Herbcience Natural Glow Pro-collagen Face cream in your cosmetic kit.
- Benzophenone: https://www.safecosmetics.org/?s=Benzophenone
- Butylated Compounds: https://www.safecosmetics.org/get-the-facts/chemicals-of-concern/butylated-compounds/
- Hydroquinone: https://www.safecosmetics.org/?s=Hydroquinone
- Rakta Chandana: https://www.thehealthsite.com/news/ways-to-use-red-sandalwood-powder-for-flawless-skin-kd0818-591283/