Blackhead is a common issue faced by youngsters. Home remedies can help you out in this. But before jumping into remedies, we will take a glance at blackheads. It is a plug of fat molecule in the sebum of a hair follicle, darkened by oxidation.
It is commonly termed acne vulgaris in medical terms. Major causative factors are high humidity; prolonged sweating, increase in skin hydration, exposure to dirt, etc. Treatment of choice for acne includes benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics like erythromycin, clindamycin, tetracycline, and antiseborrheic medications like sulfur and sodium sulfacetamide.
Currently trending treatments are laser and light devices and minor surgeries. These may cause side effects in the long-term use with results lasting for short intervals. In this field, Ayurveda being the nature science has established many cosmetic products which are budget-friendly in recent days without any side effects which is also having long-lasting results.
What are blackheads?
Skin plays a major role in human beauty. Face plays a major role in the representation and recognition of the identity of each one. Having a clear face without any marks or pimples is very important for both men and women Boosts one's confidence. Blackheads are also a very common problem faced by all age groups people.
Major causative factors for blackheads are oily skin, not maintaining proper hygiene of the face, irritation to the hair follicle, hormonal change during puberty, menstruation, etc, exposure to environmental pollution, and stress causes excess secretion of androgens and leads to acne and blackheads formation.
Because of their dark brown or black colour, blackheads are easy to spot over your face. They’re slightly elevated from the skin surface and painless. Frequent removal of blackheads may increase the face marks and wrinkles. Facial groves are caused which are irreversible. Hence prevention of blackheads formation plays a major role. Skincare and skin protection take the front seat at this junction.
Generally, blackheads are treated with the following choices:
- Salicylic acid: it is mainly used in face cleansers which helps in removing the top layer of skin which is generally damaged. It prevents the hair follicle from clogging.
- Azelaic acid: It helps in killing the microorganisms over our skin surface and reduces inflammation.
- Benzoyl peroxide: it is one of the contents used in face wash or gels. It kills the bacteria present on the skin surface which is often responsible for producing acne. A high concentration of this in face gels or face washes causes increased dryness of skin which might be observed as side effects over long-run use.
- Retinoids (vitamin A derivatives): these help in breaking down the blackheads or whiteheads by clogging the pores. High concentrations may peel off the skin and changes in the skin can be observed as side effects. On the other hand, using face moisturizer may reduce this.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels will generally have high concentrations because of the short duration of skin contact with more results. Hence mild chemicals may not work up to an extent.
Your doctor may suggest the following if over-the-counter medications don't make your blackheads disappear:
Skin resurfacing with lasers Short, focused pulsating beams of light are used in laser skin resurfacing, a form of radiation therapy, to target your blackheads. Your sebaceous glands produce less oil as a result of the light beams. It is a type of manipulation or restriction done to the physiological function of the skin. It will produce side effects over a longer exposure.
Home remedies for blackheads
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil helps in the prevention or stopping of the growth of bacteria over the skin surface. Using a cotton ball and a small bit of tea tree oil, gently massage your blackheads.
- Green tea: Wet green tea leaves can aid in lowering skin oil production. Antioxidants are also found in green tea. The skin should be rubbed into the green tea leaves using brief, circular motions for up to 30 seconds. When finished, use water to wash your face.
- Lemon: lemon juice applied over the face for 1-2min and removed later helps in reducing the excess oil production over the face.
- Honey: it hydrates the skin as well as tightens the skin cells and prevents the formation of blackheads. Apply honey over the face, rest it for 5-10min and wash ur face with lukewarm water.
- Turmeric: Turmeric mixed with milk acts as an antibacterial as well as hydrates the skin. Helps in preventing the formation of blackheads.
- Nimba(neem): neem juice mixed with curd and salt applied over the skin helps in the removal of excessively oily skin and acts as a natural scrubber.
ASPECTS OF BLACKHEAD PREVENTION
- Use warm water and a gentle facial cleanser to wash your face three to four times per day.
- Consistently apply face creams and moisturizers.
- Apply less synthetic makeup.
- Avoid putting your hands near your face.
- Wash your face and avoid applying anything to it before night. At the night, the skin breathes more.
Herbcience is a 100% transparent brand and all the products are developed by doctors, with the fresh extractions of herbs. They are 100% Natural certified by ECOCERT - COSMOS Natural, a European Standard, AYUSH, Govt. of India, and compliant with MADE SAFE, USA. 100% Natural products to treat blackheads are as follows:
Natural Glow PRO-COLLAGEN FACE CREAM
- Skin Glow
- Skin Whitening
- Skin Nourishment
Revitalizing PRO-COLLAGEN FACE WASH
- Deep Cleansing
- Skin Conditioning
Natural Glow PRO-COLLAGEN FACE PACK
- Skin Whitening
- Skin Nourishment
Blackheads are a very common issue in all age groups people. There is a phrase that “face is the index of mind”. Hence clear skin plays a major role not only in the beauty aspect but also in the establishment of self-confidence. Preventing the formation of blackheads plays a major role which demands more care and time.
But the present generation has very less patience as well as time. Hence it’s a challenging task to give the best results in a short interval of time without any side effects. Herbicence has brought up such successful products for the same.
Frequently asked questions:
1. What are the causes for repetitive blackheads over the face?
Ans: Exposure to environmental pollution and lack of skincare routine might be the cause.
2. will blackheads go away naturally?
Ans: The answer is no. But by following correct skincare, it can be avoided.
3. will blackheads reoccur?
Ans: Yes! By repeated exposure to the causative factors. Blackheads reoccur.
4. Can blackheads be removed?
Ans: Yes. Manually it can be removed. Squeezing over blackheads may cause skin damage.
5. Will blackheads increase in size?
Ans: Yes. As time passes, they increase in size and are dominantly seen over the face.
6. Can Blackheads lead to pimples?
Ans: Yes. Squeezing over blackheads will cause skin damage and causes pimples.